Saturday, September 19, 2009

Life Convictions

'I'm floundering Lord, please help!'
Head bowed, I listen and finally hear,
'What do you believe about Me?'
A question when I need an answer.
'Well, You are the only true God, our Creator
powerful and perfect, holy and just,
abounding in love, mighty yet merciful...'
'What do you know of Me, child?'
This question interrupts my recital,
so personal it sucks the breath from me.
Slowly, through tears, I begin to tell back
the truth I have experienced in Him:
forgiveness that has set me free,
sacrificial love lavished on me,
promises proven through sunshine and rain,
mercy given with nothing to gain,
majestic beauty that lifts so high,
a constant Friend I can never deny.
Help is here because He is here.
I am convinced.

Susan Lenzkes copyright © 2006

No comments:

Post a Comment